It’s time to start thinking about “The Presidential Service Award.”
This Presidential honor recognizes the valuable contributions of citizens nationwide who answer the President’s call to serve others through their current volunteer activities or lifetime of service. As a Certifying Organization, we certify eligible PMSC recipients, verify service hours, and distribute the AWARD.
Since 2001 origination of award, we have had 123 PMSC AmeriCorps members earn Presidential Recognition! Today, we invite you to apply for this AWARD. As an AmeriCorps member you may earn at minimum, the bronze level award (see the chart below), by providing a minimum of 100 hours of service beyond your 900 or 1700-hour obligation.
Young Adults – Ages 15 – 25
- Bronze Award 100-174 hours
- Silver Award 175 – 249 hours
- Gold Award 250 or more hours
Adults – Ages 26 and up
- Bronze Award 100 – 249 hours
- Silver Award 250 – 499 hours
- Gold Award 500 or more hours
You may either wait until you have completed your AmeriCorps requirements to serve the extra hours at your host site or earn them by volunteering hours for an organization unrelated to AmeriCorps. In either case, you will need to document the additional hours for the award:
Set up a web-based profile that will allow us to track and certify your volunteer hours.
- Go to www.presidentialserviceawards.gov.
- Click “Track Your Volunteer Hours” at the top of the page.
- Create your record of service profile. Make sure you check the yellow box to indicate that you are over the age of 14.
- Click “Create My Record Of Service Profile.”
- Go to “Profile” tab and fill in the following code under “record of service key”: CO-QFN-1534T
- Use “My Service” tab to log in all service hours. As the certifying organization, the PMSC will inherit all of the information that you record in your service record.
- Once you have reached the desired award level, the PMSC will certify your hours and send for your award. The PMSC will only place orders once or twice a year, so you may have a time lapse between completing your hours and receiving your award.
- For service at a site different form your AmeriCorps host site, obtain signed documentation on organizational or school letterhead verifying that you served the hours and in what capacity you served and submit to the PMSC
The PMSC will apply for the awards and your award will be sent to your home. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions as we move forward, or review this document to guide you the award documentation process.
You are doing amazing things!